Monday, February 06, 2006

Not so much snowboarding, but falling down the bunny slope

I am so sore right now. Still recovering from snowboarding in Windham this weekend. Even though, I never made it off the bunny slope. I'm so pathetic when it comes to winter sports. Me + hill + snow = falling. It's a bad thing. I have bruises all over my body. And it hurts to even move. OUch. I rather do ice skating, or sledding. Something where I know I'm not going to hurt the next day. We had a lot of fun though this weekend. A whole bunch of us went to the Catskills and rented a farm house. It literally was a farm house, in the middle of no where. The closest living thing next to us was 7 horses. It was pretty neat though to be so secluded. But the house was smelly, and dirty and had lady bugs all over. The house was really old. Musty smelling. The furniture was busted. Looked like someone's grandma lived there. And had that, it's probably haunted feeling. However, we made the best of it. It was fun, nonetheless. I think I would be so much better at snowboarding, if it wasn't for all the people around me also learning how to board or ski. It was very nerve racking, like I would knock right into them. Definitely, next time we do this type of trip, I'll stick to the wimpier sports, like tubing, and run over to the lodge for hot chocolate. That's my kind of winter sport.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kit Aerie-el said...

I feel your pain! I tried snowboarding a few years ago and took a wicked spill, causing my knee to swell up like a balloon. It was awful. I went back to skiing the next day and felt like I went 'home'.
The farmhouse sounds spooky.

12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home