Wednesday, January 25, 2006

I know I'm a democrat but...

I almost wish I was a devoted republican, because then if I openly criticize President Bush, it would give it more validity. Why is it that whenever a democrat like myself disagrees wholeheartedly with our insane president that we are deemed too "liberal". And when did the world "liberal" become such a bad word. Like, it was an utterance of profanity. It really saddens me that our nation had re-elected this incompetent politician for a second term. There are so many things that he has approved in his presidency that is questionable. Not only, did we start a war with false intel, and broke the law by spying on phone conversations, but he goes to great lengths to cover it up. The war in Iraq seems like it will never end. Countless lives have been lost, and for what, why? It has been reported that over 100,000 Iraqis have died since the start of the war. Was that necessary? Is that worth the cost of capturing Saddam? I also feel for the troops and the their families. How are they coping with this? If only, the american public would question his tactics more. Why have we all of the sudden become so indifferent with the president? Why have we not vocally voiced discontent, our outrage at his antics? And now, on the eve of the appointment of the second supreme court justice he has selected, it really is starting to scare me. Two stark conservatives added to the bench of the supreme court will change the lives of all americans. I really feel sad about this. Heartbroken even.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home