Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Always a bridesmaid, never a bride

So, yesterday I went to try on a bridesmaid dress that we are ordering for my friend Mandee's upcoming June wedding. This will be the 7th time that I've been a bridesmaid in my life. So that adage is true for me. "Always a bridesmaid, never a bride". I recently was a bridesmaid in June of last year, and I told myself it would be the last one. I went into bridesmaid retirement, because, I felt I was getting too old for shiny chiffon dresses. I am afterall 30. However, I came out of retirement for my friend Mands. She is a close friend, and just about the last of my college friends to get hitched. I have a bridesmaid dress graveyard in my closet. I always said that when I get married, I'll ask all of the brides to be in my wedding, and they would have to wear the bridesmaid dress I wore to theirs. I think that would be soooo funny.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home