Wednesday, December 07, 2005

my life. my blog.

This is the second journal I've ever created online, and this one will attempt to jog down all the daily happenings I encounter and my opinions of them. I don't know if anyone would be interested enough to read this, or how anyone finds it. If anything, it's a nice catharsis for me to write down my thoughts. I come across so many interesting things in my life, especially working in New York city. It amuses me how I don't get surprised or become too fazed by the weird things that go on here. I have lived around here long enough to just see it as one of those things that happens in the city.

I was actually mad at myself the other day, because I saw this pregnant woman on the street light up a cigarette. The sight of it really shocked me, and I was so tempted to say something to her. But my experience has been that whenever I confront strangers on the street, it's never a good outcome. One time, my friend and I intervened between this father scolding his kid. He was berating him, and calling him really awful names. So I said, "why don't you pick on someone your own size?" That comment enraged him further, and he started ripping in to my friend and I, saying that we had no right to talk to him like that and that we should mind our own business. He also said it shouting and with curse words throughout. He really frightened me, and I wasn't expecting his reaction, so to this day, I always watch what I say. So, I let the pregnant woman just walk past me. Although, I gave her the evil eye. The, "I know you are doing something wrong and stupid" look. Afterwards, I was so mad at myself for staying quiet, and I felt so sad for that unborn child.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home